PLANTING: Plant in early spring as soon as soil can be worked up. Young pea plants can tolerate a frost. Work up soil until
fine. For increase in yield, add Bradfield fertilizer at 5 lbs per 100′ plus some lime. Coat pea seeds with a pea inoculant. Place
seeds 1″ deep, 1.5-2″ apart in a row spacing of 30-36″. Taller types will need support. Keep weed free for best results.
HARVEST: Pick pods when seeds have enlarged in pod, before sides bulge. Hold vines while picking to avoid tearing off vine.
Use fresh, can or freeze. You will need 2 lb per 100′ row or 120 lb per acre.
Early Frosty Untreated
63 days. Very Popular. Dependable. 26-30″vines have the pods near the top for easypicking. Great yields of 3-3.5″ pods are filledwith 6-8 medium sized, sweet, tender peaseach. Good tasting fresh, canned or frozen. Aimproved Little Marvel type. K
- Nitrogen fixing bacteria – Paenibacillus polymyxa strain NCTC10343
- Nitryx SP is a biological inoculant for greenhouse, nursery, outdoor agriculture production and residential application
- Fixates atmospheric nitrogen for plants
- Reduces nitrogen use by 12-15% while still increasing yield
- Water soluble powder
- Labeled for foliar spray: 3-12 oz in 50-100 gallons of water, reapply every 7-14 days
soil drench: 2-4 oz/100 gallons of water
seed treatment: dust on, spray or slurry at a rate of 1-6 oz/cwt seed
- Can be tank mixed with chemicals, biologicals or fertilizers
- Registered as a soil amendment in most states
- 2 year + shelf life