Imagine that you had won the prize in a contest. Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 into your private account, with rules that read:
1. Everything that you did not spend during each day would be withdrawn from your account.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend It.
4. Each morning, when you wake, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game, without warning, at any time. It can say, “Game Over!” and close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What would you personally do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted, right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don’t know, because you couldn’t possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?
This “game” is actually real, to each of us. Each of us is already a winner of this prize. We just can’t seem to see it.
The prize is TIME.
1. Each morning, upon waking, we receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of Life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us.
3. What we have not used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is gone forever.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve our account at any time without warning.
So, what will we do with our seconds?
Those 86,400 seconds are worth so much more than $86,400. Think about it, and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.
Take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and live life to the fullest!
Start spending. Wisely.
And don’t complain about growing old! Some people don’t get the privilege.